Hey there, welcome to HappierHuman!
Over the past 50 years, our GDP per capita has increased by 400%. But even though we’re 4x richer, we’re barely happier.
- Too much of what we think is true is actually not. We’ve been enslaved by our biological desires for power and mind-numbing entertainment.
- Even when we know what we should be doing, we fail again and again to make or sustain the change.
At HappierHuman, I break down positive psychology and behavior modification research into simple, actionable steps.
Here’s the short version of who I am:
- At 13, I was struck with fibromyalgia, a chronic pain disease. Constant headaches, fatigue, and other goodies aplenty. Over the next 4 years, I saw more doctors than most do in their entire lives.
- At 21, I got a job as a Wall Street consultant, making more money than 99.99% of people my age. In spite of my health, I was living in times square, eating the fanciest food, and traveling around the country.
- At 22, I realize that something was wrong. Despite making the big bucks, I was unhappy. I quit my job. Over the next two years, I slowly but surely make progress on my fibromyalgia, and I learn everything I can about positive psychology.
Positive psychology is the scientific study of happiness. If you’re the kind of person who wants to read advice empirically proven to work, and who wants to understand the caveats and the details, HappierHuman is for you. If not, run away – my average blog post is 2 to 5 times as long as the typical article on the web.
Click here to get your free copy of The Happiness Report, 16 Happiness Strategies That Work. No e-mail subscription required, just click and read.
Check out some of the articles below – more than 70,000 people have already found something they like, I think you’ll discover something useful too.
- My totally free eBook, The Happiness Report: 16 Happiness Ideas That Really Work.
- The 31 Benefits of Gratitude You Didn’t Know About: How Gratitude Can Change Your Life
- How To Be Happy – 54 Ways to Permanently Increase Your Happiness Set Point
- The Hedonic Treadmill – If Only Happiness Were As Easy As Marriage, a Big House, and Kids
- The 4 Things You Need to Know About Meditation
- The Power and Vestigiality of Positive Emotion – What’s Your Happiness Ratio?
- How Grateful Are You? Interactive Quiz + Seven Strategies for Cultivating Gratitude
- Money Secret #1: Buy Many Small Pleasures
You can find a full list of past articles here.